Sunday, April 26, 2009
April 4th, 2007 - Heart defects
I have a HUGE prayer request for everybody. As most of you know, I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I went in for an ultrasound last week to find out the sex of the baby and make sure it was healthy. The ultrasound tech did a good job of hiding it last week, but we found out yesterday that the ultrasound wasn't normal. From what my Dr. could tell, only one side of the baby's heart is working. The other side is much smaller and not pumping at all. I have an appointment with a specialist on Friday and he's going to do a very detailed ultrasound of the baby's heart and possibly an echocardiogram as well. We're praying that our Dr. was wrong and that it will be normal. The baby was in a bad position and the tech was having trouble getting a good visual of a lot of things. The baby was very low, facing my back and curled up sleeping. She wasn't even able to tell us what the sex of the baby was and it took her a long time to get good measurements on the baby's organs because of it's bad position. At the time she said she couldn't see the heart very well, but I realize now that she was probably just trying to keep me from worrying. She legally can't tell me if something is wrong and I was asking lots of questions, so I'm not sure if she was lying the whole time about not being able to see things that well or if she really was having trouble viewing the organs. If the Dr. is right, it's very, very serious. Obviously all fetal heart problems are bad, but the way my Dr. was talking yesterday, this could be about as bad as they come. He was talking about us delivering at the University of Washington where the baby would go straight into open heart surgery as soon as it's born. It's a little overwhelming to say the least and we're just trying not to think about it too much for now until we go to the specialist on Friday. Anyway, please pray for a big miracle. Matt keeps reminding me that last time we were told that Raife wasn't going to make it and we got our little miracle. I know that God is faithful and that we can trust him. It's just doing the actual trusting that is the hard part. =) We'd really appreciate all your prayers and we'll let everyone know how the appointment goes on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment